Tuesday, September 26, 2006

US-34 Across the Missouri

On my way back from the Preserving Historic Roads Conference in Omaha in 2002, I had the luxury of time. My only itinerary included catching part of 66 back and recording some more interviews for my in-process Route 66 documentary.

So I choose to leave Omaha early on Sunday, and head south and west, criss-crossing along 2-lane roads the entire way down to 66. If something neat caught my eye, I would head that way. Otherwise, the idea was to follow the road less traveled. In doing so, I came across these bridges over the Missouri River. Now, not being a fan of either heights or water, I was hesitant to cross. But it was well worth the trip. This still ranks as one of my fondest "discoveries" in all of my travels - not counting the people. (The shot of just the one bridge is the US-34 Plattsmouth Bridge - still toll - across the river.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home