Sunday, October 15, 2006

The Fog (Northern CA, Pacific Coast Highway)

Back in 2004 Julie and I drove up the Pacific Coast Highway from San Francisco's Golden Gate Bridge to Tillamook, Oregon. Our ultimate goal was Portland, where I was going to be attending the biennial Preserving Historic Roads Conference. About the only negative that we had on the entire trip was the fog that rolled in one night before we reached a stopping point for the night.

Had I been smart, we would have stopped for the night in Eureka or Arcata. Instead, I thought we would have enough time to keep going. We did get to see some cool scenery with the fog as a result, but we also drove through a stretch of horrible conditions that scared the living daylights out of me before we reached Crescent City. One of the coolest was a loop road off of the main road (check out page 22 of 23 here for some information) that we took, and from which I took this photo. (I'm still looking forward to an opportunity to do the trip again, though.)

(Oh, the reason for posting this shot this morning: it is kind of gross like this out our window today, and it echoes the way I've been feeling for several days, which is why I haven't posted recently.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home