Thursday, February 15, 2007

Oklahoma - in California (Rose Parade)

I scanned some new photos in a couple of days ago and have not taken the time yet to clean them up (I always clean dirt from the scans, but rarely - if ever - alter the nature of the photograph itself) but I thought I would start posting a series of shots in honor of Oklahoma's Centennial in 2007.

This first one was shot on January 1, 2007. In California. It was taken during the annual Tournament of Roses Parade, which happens to traverse a portion of Route 66 for most of its journey. There's no doubt that the cities of Duarte and St. Louis (both Route 66 towns) and the state of Oklahoma (which 66 also runs through) realized this connection while taking the journey down the parade route.

I posted some of the upcoming photos in the Route 66 egroup, and heard back from one of my friends, who sent me this link. And it's a pretty darn good link for anyone interested in taking a trip to Oklahoma, perhaps for the annual Route 66 celebration that happens in a different city every year and this year is being held in Clinton.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home