Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Prague - Residence


One of the things that I really enjoyed about all of Europe was the blend of old and new. It seems that the places in Europe that we went - Prague, Vienna, Salzburg, Innsbruck, and Budapest - all have a very nice blend of old and new, with the eye toward restoration and adaptive reuse of their historic structures. It leeds creedence to the belief that Americans are a disposable society. Too bad. We have a lot of historic structures worth saving that we just do not put forth the effort to keep.


This is another one of those shots I took in Prague that the building just seemed really neat, but I can't tell you exactly why. If I remember correctly, this is located near the Magika Laterna Theatre, which was anoter enjoyable experience in Prague.

2 Comments:

Blogger Z said...

Greetings from Villigen, Switzerland!
Thanks for dropping by and commenting on the Route 66 post. Did you visit CH on your European vacation? Sorry if I missed those posts, I've just had time to skim through your site.

5:28 AM  
Blogger 66 Productions said...

We had two days in Prague, three in Salzburg, two in Budapest, and then two more in Prague before then overnighting in London on our return trip. It was our first time to Europe, and we enjoyed it thoroughly. If I had it to do all over again, I would spend more time there, and visit less places. I would also make sure to get to at least one smaller city. We are definitely looking forward to going back!

6:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home