Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Individualism (101 Near Solvang)

Been involved in an interesting discussion over the last 24 hours about chain stores and how crappy they are. Well, I feel that way, and so do others (albeit for different reasons). Unfortunately there are actually Wal-Mart supporters out there who just do not understand individuality and personal flair and flavor. They probably buy pre-made gingerbread men, too, so that they all look alike.

Anyway, it's made me think about locally owned businesses lately. And when I opened my photos folder on my computer this morning, to see what locally owned business I had photos of, the first one that showed up in the list was this one, and it made me wonder whatever happened to the owners of this place after all the chain restaurants opened along the 101 at the nearby exit to Solvang.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chain stores also bother me, I remember seeing my first chain of stores outside of Dallas Texas fifteen years ago. The aspect that scares me the most is they still look the same as they did fifteen years ago, no matter where they are built.

9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home