Friday, September 08, 2006

Not Just 66 (Lincoln Highway Bridge, Nebraska)


Even though Route 66 is my first love in terms of old roads, there is much more out there than just the Mother Road. The Lincoln Highway is widely considered to be the first transcontinental highway in the United States, and is considered by some 66'ers to be the Father Road. Its significance cannot be doubted, no matter how you view history.

I will explore as much as I can, and my photos will show as much of that exploration as possible. Stay tuned.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm now a big Lincoln Highway fan and have joined the association. US-20 has a group as well. It's good to see increased interest in all of our old roads, not just 66.

7:02 AM  
Blogger 66 Productions said...

In addition to the Mother and Father Roads, in the coming weeks you will also see photos from the Ridge Route and US highways 6, 20, 80, 81, 99, and 395. I've already posted one from the Pacific Coast Highway and will be adding more. And I'm sure I'm missing some other roads as well, like 60 and 70 that both come through Los Angeles, and maybe US-50, if I can make that trip in the near future that I am hoping to make.

7:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home