Thursday, September 07, 2006

Another Icon (Blue Whale, Catoosa OK)


No less well-known than yesterday's McLean Phillips 66 Station is the Blue Whale in Catoosa, OK. What I really like about this shot is that it shows there is so much more to this area than most other photos. Before I actually arrived here the first time, I thought there was just a pond with a whale in it, and that was about it.

Despite the bright colors that abound here, this was actually an overcast, cloudy, relatively grotesque day. I was amazed at how well the shot came out, in light of that. Perhaps the brightness of the tables, chairs, and whale itself would be TOO much on a sunny day!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scott - one of my favorite US66 icons. It's hard to take a unique picture because it's an icon.

8:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home